There are so many ways to get involved at SWC, and we’d like to help you find a place of meaningful ministry. Let us know if you’d like to get connected with volunteering.
SWC’s purpose is to see people saved, healed, restored, and discipled, growing and guided by the Holy Spirit and in God’s Word. We purpose to equip people to be believers in action, to spread the love and truth of Christ in the world, for His glory.
Isaiah 61:1-3, “The Lord has anointed me…He has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners…to comfort all who mourn…They will be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, to display His glory.”
Pastor Jim and Suzy Cornwall founded Scottsdale Worship Center in 1984. Our first sanctuary was located in the cafeteria of Desert Shadows Middle School. With the Lord’s help, we grew, and in 1985 purchased the property we have currently, in the heart of north Scottsdale.
The Gospel is a profound but simple message of a loving Creator God who gave all He had, His Son Jesus Christ, to restore the broken relationship between mankind and Himself. There is only one God and He is eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- He is the all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present creator and sustainer of all things
- He is a loving God who created man in His own image, to have fellowship with Him
- He called man back to Himself through Christ after the rebellion and fall of man
- He is without a beginning or an end
- Jesus Christ is eternally God who left heaven and became incarnate by the Holy Spirit to bring redemption to mankind
- He was with the Father and the Holy Spirit from the beginning and through Him all things were made
- He is fully God and fully man (Colossians 1:15-20; Colossians 2:9)
- Jesus the only Way to salvation, the only One who could rescue mankind from the penalty of sin through His sacrificial and willing death on the cross (Colossians 1:13-14; Acts 4:10-12)
- He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Luke 1:34-35; Isaiah 7:14)
- He has risen from the dead and is seated with the Heavenly Father (Acts 1:32-33)
- He is coming again to judge the living and the dead
- The Holy Spirit is eternally God and is our Comforter and Counselor
- He was given to the Church in fullness at Pentecost and continues to empower all believers for service, ministry, and witness
- The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth, cleanses us from the old nature and conforms us to the image of Christ
- He dwells within each believer, to empower and strengthen each one to witness, for ministry and a victorious Christian life (Acts 1:8)
- the written Word of God that contains the complete and only plan of salvation
- without error in the autographs (original manuscripts) and wholly inspired by the Spirit of God
- our fixed source of authority for faith and conduct
- the authority of God’s Word is ultimate, final and eternal and cannot be added to, subtracted from or superseded in any manner
- the only source for the definition of marriage: one man, one woman, for life
- the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction and reproof
- contains all that is needed for guidance in godliness and practical Christian conduct and is the standard by which we live
- created in the image of God to have a relationship and fellowship with Him
- profoundly broken and severed from that relationship through sin (Romans 3:23; Romans 3:9-12)
- unable to gain salvation or live in right relationship with God through their own efforts (Ephesians 2:4-9; Romans 5:6-10)
- in need of a Saviour, Jesus Christ, who alone makes possible forgiveness and right-standing with God
- freely offered to those who place their faith in Jesus Christ alone, believing that His shed blood on the cross pays the debt of sin on their behalf
- not earned by good works, but is through grace, the unmerited, undeserved favor of God
- our great privilege as believers to share the love and message of Christ with the world around us through the power of the Holy Spirit
- our commitment to live for Him and not for ourselves
- our journey of growth and discipleship in Christ, becoming more like Him every day
See what’s happening and connect with other SWC’ers on Facebook! Visit us on Facebook! Leave comments and reviews. See you there?
A recent review about SWC: Adrian and Amy
“5 stars” Awesome church! Great place where everyone can be a part of this great family and serve the Lord in many ways. A blessed church because of pastor Chris and Jen’s humble spirits and the favor of God in their lives. Love it here 🙂
Did you know that you can follow us and keep up on events and happenings on FaceBook? Check it out and like our page.